Do you love short hair styles but think that you cannot pull it off?
Do you think that your hair just does not have the body to make a short hair style look good? You may need the help of a professional hairdresser.
Getting the Correct Short Hair Style Cut
The first challenge is to find a hairdresser who is able to cut hair and take the following into consideration.
- Head shape – This is very important because if a person does not have a perfect head shape (which most people don’t), you need a stylist who can cut hair and create a more balanced head shape. Short hair styles are less likely to hide imperfections so the cut is essential.
- Hair texture – Hair texture when creating short hair styles is also on the top of the list as far as considerations when choosing the correct hair style for you. The products that you use will be key to creating a look that will best flatter your head shape.
- Hair products – We all need some type of product in our hair to hold, give body, control or give shine to our short hair styles. Choosing the right product for your hair texture and type is sometimes very confusing. If you use a product that is too heavy for your hair, your hair will be flat.
Things to remember when using a product to create volume are:
- Do not use too much product. Start out with a very small amount (about the size of a pea) and add more if needed. You will learn fast how much you will need. Everyone is different depending on their hair type. Most short hairstyles need body to look their best. I recommend Reifine CRESCENDO to create the body that you will need.
- To create that separated controlled look on your short hair styles you will need to use pomade. This will give you direction in your style with maximum control. I would recommend Reifine “STACATTO” or Reifine “SCAT WAX”.
- Finish off with a great hairspray to hold your hair in place without giving it that hard hair sprayed look. Here I would recommend Reifine “CLASSICAL”. This is a great hairspray that when you brush through your hair you will not feel the sticky, gummy feel that most hairsprays leave. Reifine Classical Hairspray is great for your short hairstyles because it has a memory so when you brush through your hair you can easily push your hairstyle back in place.